• banner9.jpg
  • banner8.jpg
  • banner7.jpg
  • banner6.jpg
  • banner5.jpg
  • banner4.jpg
  • banner3.jpg
  • banner2.jpg
  • Main Banner

professional boat repairs & marine maintenance

about
Slipway's History

 

Havelock Slipway's present site  and boat shed was established around the year 1928. It was established by the Johnson family, intially to service their own vessels. In the early 1970's, the site was converted for commercial operation, servicing vessels which continues to the present day. The "Boat Shed", uniquely located on the waterfront has had a few alterations over the years and was upgraded in 2010. The yard has had concrete laid to offer better working conditions. This has improved ease of access and offers a clean and tidy area to work on vessels. An adjacent section has also been purchased and this is presently being converted into an additional slipway. This will be completed Autumn 2014, adding capacity of up to 120 tonnes.

A  run-off recovery system ia being installed which runs through sand filters to ensure non-comtamination of the surrounding seawater.